Slenderwall® Architectural Wall Panels
Leesburg Concrete is a licensed producer of SlenderWall®, a proprietary high-performance, thermal, and fire code compliant, ASTM E119 fire tested architectural precast composite modular cladding system. As an exterior cladding wall panel system with great design flexibility, Slenderwall® reduces structural costs and on-site trades.
Lightweight Exterior Cladding
SlenderWall is designed to be lightweight (about 30 lbs. per square foot compared to approximately 85 lbs. for traditional heavy architectural precast), reducing foundation and superstructure requirements and reducing shipping and installation costs. The exterior precast concrete cladding and integrated stud system is isolated from the structural stresses associated with wind loading (tested to 226mph), steel frame movement, expansion and contraction, and seismic shock.
Reinforced, High-Strength Wall Panels
The SlenderWall® panel’s exterior surface is 2 inches of reinforced high-strength architectural precast concrete separated from the steel stud by ½” air space reduces thermal transfer between the materials. The inside surface is 14-16 gauge, 6-inch galvanized steel studs spaced vertically at 2-foot centers. The architectural concrete is secured to the steel-stud frame with ThermaGuard™, a proprietary connection system utilizing insulated, stainless-steel welded Nelson® anchors. SlenderWall® has been fully tested and meets the required ASTM and AAMA standards. SlenderWall® is used for new construction, re-cladding, and renovation of large, multi-story commercial and multi-family buildings.
Achieve the look you want
A Variety of Colors and Finishes
Sandblasting & Acid Etching
The Look of Brick
Stains & Pigments
Reveals & Projections
SlenderWall® Features & BenefitsSlenderWall® provides designers with unique and limitless design flexibility and function. Additionally, SlenderWall® has several proprietary features yielding benefits that no other wall system provides, including:
- Superb architectural design flexibility (limitless combinations of architectural precast textures, colors, shapes and finishes).
- Superior durability.
- Permanent components.
- Plant-produced quality.
- Lightweight (about 30 lbs. per square foot compared to approx. 85 lbs. for heavy architectural precast).
- Economical (reduces building foundation and structure costs plus shipping and installation costs).
- Makes cantilever designs practical.
- Mounts outboard of the floor slab, yielding bonus square footage on each floor.
- Perfect for both re-cladding and new construction.
- Smaller cranes and fewer trailers to jockey.
Commercial Construction | Architecture | Design-Build
Cladding | Curtainwall | Exterior Wall System | Precast Exterior Wall
Virtually unlimited design flexibility. Leesburg Concrete can provide all the textures and colors found in the Precast Concrete Institute (PCI) Guide. We have named a few below to get you started:
- Architectural Brick
- Capitol Granite
- Carolina Granite
- Colorado Granite
- Buff Limestone
- Desert Limestone
- Indiana Limestone
- and many other custom patterns.
Reinforced architectural mix designed with integral color
- G90 Galvanized Welded
- Wire Mesh Reinforced
- 14 & 16 gauge G90 Galvanized 6" Studs
- With Nelson® Stud Anchors
- 1/2" air space between concrete and steel reduces thermal transfer.
- Weighs 1/3 of Traditional Architectural Precast
- Complete Turnkey System – Ready for insulation or drywall.
- Install outboard of floor - Adds to the Amount of Usable Interior Space
- Meets Seismic & Windload Requirements
- Energy Efficient
PCI Plant (Precast Concrete Institute)
- Leesburg Concrete is rated top 10% in the nation in quality control
- ANSI/ASCE 7-93 Wind Load Calculations
Design standards comply with:
- ACI 318M
- PCI MNL 120
- ASTM E90 - Sound Transmission
- ASTM E 283 - Air Infiltration
- ASTM E 330 - Structural Performance
- ASTM E 330 - Preload at 50% design
- ASTM E 331 - Static Pressure Water Resistance
- AAMA 501.1 - Dynamic Pressure Water Resistance
- AAMA 501.4 - Interstory Differential Movement/Seismic Movement
- AAMA 501.5 - Thermal Cycling/Condensation Evaluation: AAMA 501.5-98
- AAMA 1503 - Thermal Transmission
- ASTM C94 - Ready Mix Concrete
- ASTM C31 - Standard Practice for Making and Curing Concrete Test Specimens in the Field
- ASTM C685 - Standard Specification for Concrete Made by Volumetric Batching and Continuous Mixing
- ATSM 94 - Ready Mix Concrete
We meet all state and federal Building Codes
Concrete Testing Methods
Tensile | Load | Shear | Air | Unit Weight | Temperature | Slump | And much more
- Technical Design Guides are available.
Capable of 40 yards per hour in our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility which includes a computer-controlled mixer.
- Specialty Manufacturing
- High Volume
AutoCAD (DWG, DWZ) | BMP | DXF | GIF | IGES | Inventor (IDW, IPT) | JPG or JPEG | PDF | Pro-E or Pro/Engineer (DRW,PRT,XPR) | STEP | TIFF
2 in (Reinforced)
14 & 16 gauge 6 inch G90 galvanized steel studs
If you are interested in learning more about Slenderwall architectural precast panels for your construction project, all it takes is a phone call (or an email.) We recommend getting us involved early so we can lend our expertise to your project. Our in-house design team, engineers, and technical staff have extensive experience and can help provide the best and most cost-effective solution for the needs of your project. And, if you are in the area, we welcome you to take a tour of our plant, to see samples of our products and learn how Slenderwall can help make light work of your project.
When your construction project needs a high-quality product that meets exacting standards, you can count on Slenderwall Architectural Panels from Leesburg Concrete. Call us at 352.787.4177 or email us today to get started on your project.